As most of this year's Europa stamps are issued, PostEurop is again organizing an on-line vote to select the "Best Europa" stamp of the year 2008.
Two persons picked out from those that have selected the winning stamp will be granted special prizes – a full set of the 2008 Europa stamp issues!
The winning stamp will be announced on 13 November during PostEurop’s Extraordinary Plenary Assembly that will be held in Brussels, Belgium.
A few comments about this competition:
- Some countries are missing ! Andorra (French post) ; Ireland ; Bosnia and Herzegovina (Croat post) ; Azerbaijan ; Georgia ; Isle of Man ; the Netherlands ; Serbia. I really don't know why ? Kosovo and Gibraltar are also missing, but as they aren't member and even don't use the official Europa logo on their stamps, I can understand why they are not on this list.
- The voting is open since early May and some countries are only on this list since a few days ! Which isn't fair at all.
- PostEurop selected which stamps within a set would take part at this contest. The choice isn't the best each time.
- Some countries have two stamps taking part at this contest as the issue is composed of a "pair", for example Macedonia, the Ukraine or Finland. Greece which also issued a pair of stamps have only one stamp shown !
- Souvenir-sheets: Bosnia and Herzegovina & Spain have their full souvenir-sheet taking part at this contest, Hungary only one stamp out of it !
- One last comment, the size and quality of the stamps isn't the same for each country ! Bulgaria has a very low quality stamp as Cyprus have a tiny image of their stamp...