The 2019 Best Europa stamp - Jury prize was awarded last Saturday in Brussels’ town hall.
This was the 8th edition of this neutral and artistic prize.
Six experts of the philatelic world were invited to join the jury and judge the Europa stamps based on their expert opinion.
This year's winner is Slovenia with a stamp part of a 2 stamps set - it's the first time that Slovenia wins the Jury prize !
2nd – Liechtenstein (stamp under)
3rd - Finland (stamp under)
This year's Jury was composed as follow (from the left to the right) :
• Antonio Manuel Amaral, PostEurop's coordinator (not part of the jury)
• Guy Coutant, Pro Post, Belgium (co-chair)
• Botond Szebeny, PostEurop's Secretary General, Hungary (co-chair)
• Andrée Trommer, General secretary of the Fédération internationale de philatélie (FIP), Luxembourg
• Stefan Klein, Stamp designer, Germany
• Arie Piet, Director Stamp Printing National Bank Belgium, the Netherlands
• Olaf Neumann, Stamp designer, Germany
The winner of the public prize will be announced during PostEurop's plenary assembly in Jersey, in October.