The 2018 Best Europa stamp - Jury prize was awarded last Saturday in Brussels’ town hall.
This was the seventh edition of this neutral and artistic prize.
Seven experts of the philatelic world were invited to join the jury and judge the Europa stamps based on their expert opinion.
This year's winner is Belgium with a stamp part of the following souvenir-sheet (the stamp on the right) - it's the second time that Belgium wins the Jury prize, they did already in 2014 :
2nd (tied) – Hungary (stamp above left) & Finland (stamp under)
3rd - Croatia (stamp under)
This year's Jury was composed this year as follow (from the left to the right) :
• , Chair of PostEurop Stamp & Philately Steering Group, Poland
• Olaf Neumann, Stamp designer, Germany
• Stefan Klein, Stamp designer, Germany
• Botond Szebeny, PostEurop's Secretary General, Hungary (co-chair)
• Andrée Trommer, General secretary of the Fédération internationale de philatélie (FIP), Luxembourg
• Guy Coutant, Pro Post, Belgium (co-chair)
• Antonio Manuel Amaral, PostEurop's coordinator (not part of the jury)
• Arie Piet, Director Stamp Printing National Bank Belgium, the Netherlands (not on the picture)
The winner of the public prize will be announced during PostEurop's plenary assembly in Tbilisi, Georgia, in October.